Morrison County United Way Bean Bag Tournament Rules
- 2 person teams ages 14+
- All bags are provided and must be used during tournament
- Games are played to 21 Points. If your score exceeds 21 during the game, your score automatically reverts to 15.
- Woody: Refers to any cornhole bag that has been pitched and remains on the cornhole board playing surface at the conclusion of the frame. Each woody is 1 pt.
- Cornhole: Refers to any cornhole bag that has been pitched and passes through the cornhole board hole at any time within the frame. Each cornhole is 3 pts.
- A bag that comes to rest touching the ground AND the board does not count as a point. If a bag hits the floor first and then ‘skips’ onto the board, the bag is removed from the board and any bags that were affected by the ‘skipped’ bag are returned to their original spot on the board.
- Cancellation Scoring: The approved method of scoring for the sport of cornhole is ‘cancellation’ scoring. In cancellation scoring, the points of one player cancel out the points of their opponent. Using this method, only one player/team can score in each frame. Both players play one board at a time, and stay in their designated lane for the whole game (right or left).
- Teams start the game and alternate pitching bags until each player has pitched all (4) of his/her bags. The team who scores in the preceding frame pitches first in the next frame. If neither team scores, the team who pitched first in the preceding frame shall retain first pitch in the next frame.
- Players must deliver the bag with an under-hand release.
- Feet must stay behind the line of the front of the board at the time of releasing the bag. If a player’s feet crosses the line, the throw is considered a scratch and not counted.
- If bags become piled inside the cornhole board hole and may interfere or obstruct with the next pitch or if there is question whether a cornhole bag would have naturally fallen through the hole, a player may request to ‘rake’ the cornhole bags that have fallen inside the hole.